For Your Safety
The dWARNING and dCAUTION indications in this document indicate the following:
|dWARNINGS||Failure to observe warnings could result in death or serious injury.|
|dCAUTIONS||Failure to observe cautions could result in injury or property damage.|
This section lists important precautions that must be followed to ensure safe and correct use of the product. Read them before using the product and observe them during use.
- Be sure the product is installed securely. Serious accidents could result should the product fall from a height.
- Ceiling installations (where the product is suspended from the ceiling) should be performed only by professionals with the requisite skills. If installed incorrectly, the product could fall, potentially causing a serious accident.
- When working in high places, work with at least one partner, use a safety line, and take all other precautions necessary to ensure safety. Slipping, falling, or loss of balance could result in serious accidents.
- When installing the product in high places, ensure that people below keep their distance. Falling objects could cause serious accidents.
- Do not install or use the product in a bath or shower. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire or electric shock.
- Do not handle the product with wet hands. Failure to observe this precaution could result in electric shock.
- Do not modify, tug, or twist the connecting cables, subject them to excessive heat, or place them under heavy objects. Damage to the cables could result in fire or electric shock. Should the cables be damaged, contact a Fujifilm-authorized service technician. Keep the cables clear of the intake and exhaust vents.
- Do not use cables if their connectors have ever been bent.
- Do not place the product on unstable surfaces. Be sure the product is level. Injury could result if the product tips or falls.
- Do not touch the metal parts of the product during thunderstorms. Lightning strikes can produce induced current that could cause electric shock.
- Do not place vessels containing water, chemicals, or other liquids on the product. Liquid that finds its way into the product could cause fire or electric shock.
- Never look directly into the lens while the product is on. The bright light could cause visual impairment or other injury. Do not look into the lens with magnifying glasses, telescopes, or other optical instruments.
- Do not insert flammable material, metal, or other foreign objects into the product or leave them in its vicinity. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire, burns, or electric shock.
- Do not use sprays containing flammable gas to remove dust or other foreign matter from the lens. The gas could ignite, causing fire.
- Do not use the product in locations where the air may contain flammable or explosive gases. The gases could ignite, causing fire.
- Do not place flammable objects in front of the lens. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire.
- This apparatus must be grounded.
- Do not block the light from the product with books, cloths, or other objects. Objects placed in the beam could become hot, potentially melting or causing burns or fire. Light reflected from the objects could also cause the lens to overheat, causing product malfunction.
- Do not touch the lens or metal parts of the product while it is on or immediately after it has been switched to standby. Failure to observe this precaution could result in burns or other injury.
- Be careful not to drop the product when lifting it.
- Should you notice that the product is not functioning normally, switch it to standby and disconnect the power and USB cables. Continuing to use the product when it is emitting smoke or unusual smells or otherwise functioning abnormally could result in fire, electric shock, or visual impairment.
- Use only the supplied power cord. Using other cables could cause overheating or an electrical short leading to fire or electric shock. Failure to properly ground the outlet to which the supplied power cord is connected could also result in electric shock.
- Use the product only as described in this manual.
- The product and its accessories are precision devices. Under no circumstances should they be subjected to excessive force.
- Replace the lens cap if the product will not be used for an extended period.
- The lens includes moving parts: do not apply excessive force or subject the lens to physical shocks.
- Do not install this product in locations that are dusty, humid, or exposed to soot, steam, or sources of heat. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire or electric shock. In addition, grease could cause the projector’s plastic casing to deteriorate, damaging the supports and potentially causing the product to fall.
- Do not leave the product in locations where it will be exposed to high temperatures or direct sunlight. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire.
- Do not leave the product or, if the batteries are inserted, the remote control unattended in locations exposed to direct sunlight or high temperatures, for example directly in the path of warm air from a heater. Excessive heat could deform the casing or damage the product’s internal parts, resulting in fire.
- Do not place heavy objects on the product. The objects could become unbalanced and tip or fall, causing injury.
- Do not use the power cord if the plug is damaged or does not fit securely into the socket. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire or electric shock.
- Keep your face and hands, as well as objects that may be warped or otherwise damaged by heat, away from the exhaust vent while the product is in use. The hot air from the vent could deform the objects or cause burns or accidents.
- For safety, be sure to unplug the product when it is not in use. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire due to deterioration of the insulation or other causes.
- Before transporting or cleaning the product, switch it to standby, unplug it from the power outlet, and disconnect all cables. Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire or electric shock.
- When cleaning the product, do not use damp cloths or solvents such as alcohol, benzine (petroleum ether), or thinner. Water could enter the product or the casing could weaken and break or suffer other damage, potentially resulting in electric shock.
- The accumulation of dust inside the product could result in fire or malfunction. We recommend that the interior of the product be periodically inspected and cleaned. Contact the original retailer for these services.
- Do not lift the product by the lens. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the product.
- When using the product at high altitudes (above 1,500 m/4,900 ft), enable high-altitude mode to ensure that the product’s internal temperature-control mechanism functions correctly. Failure to observe this precaution could shorten the life of the product’s parts.
- Should you notice that the product is not functioning normally, switch it to standby and disconnect the power and USB cables. Continuing to use the product when it is emitting smoke or unusual smells or otherwise functioning abnormally could result in fire, electric shock, or visual impairment. Consult the original retailer.
- Do not drop water or foreign objects into the product. Should water or other foreign matter find its way in to the interior, switch the product to standby and unplug it from the power outlet. Continued use could result in a short circuit causing fire or electric shock. Consult the original retailer.
- Do not disassemble or modify the product (never open the case). Failure to observe this precaution could result in fire or electric shock.
- Keep small parts out of the hands of infants and pets. Because of their size, small objects such as batteries from the remote control may be accidentally swallowed by infants or pets. Keep small parts out of their reach. Should an infant swallow any part of the product, consult a physician immediately.
- Keep safety in mind when stringing cables. Failure to observe this precaution could result in falls or injury.
- Do not install the product in locations subject to shock or vibration.
- Do not touch the lens immediately after switching the product to standby. Failure to observe this precaution could result in burns.
- Be sure the product is properly grounded.
- The plastic bags provided with this product present a suffocation risk when placed over the nose and mouth. Store them out of reach of infants and young children.
Precautions for Storage and Use
- Do not use or store the product in locations subject to extreme temperatures. Avoid locations that are subject to sudden changes in temperature. Operate and store the product within its operating and storage temperature limits.
- Do not install the product in the vicinity of high-voltage power lines or equipment that produces magnetic fields. The product may not function as expected.
- Do not use the product when it is tilted. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the product or cause accidents.
- Do not touch the lens with your bare hands. Fingerprints and smudges on the lens can affect picture quality. To keep the lens clean and free of scratches, replace the lens cap when the product is not in use.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control before placing it in storage. Leaving the batteries in place for long periods could result in leakage or other damage to the batteries.
- Do not use or store the product where it will be exposed to soot or tobacco smoke. Failure to observe this precaution could result in reduced picture quality.
- Malfunction or damage due to such causes as fire, earthquakes, floods, lightning, or other acts of God; man-made pollution or environmental disasters; salt; voltage fluctuations; or use of power sources operating at unauthorized voltages or frequencies is not covered under warranty.
- To clean the lens, first switch the product to standby and wait for the lens and metal parts to cool, then remove dust and lint with a blower before gently wiping the lens with a third-party glass-cleaning cloth or the like.
- Allow the lens to cool before performing cleaning.
- When transporting the product, hold it by its base. Do not hold it by the lens or the opening around the lens. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the product.
- Thread-locking adhesive, lubricants, or grease on the ceiling mounts could cause the projector’s plastic casing to deteriorate, potentially damaging the product or causing it to fall.
- Do not install or store the product where it will be exposed to salt damage or corrosive gases. Corrosion could damage the product or cause it to fall.
Safe Use of Lasers
This equipment is defined as a Class 1 laser product under IEC/EN60825-1:2014. Be sure to observe the following warnings and cautions.
- This product contains a laser; do not open the case.
- Bright light can cause visual impairment or other injury; do not look directly at the light source. In the event that you do look directly at the light source, consult a physician as required.
- Never attempt to remodel or disassemble the projector. High voltages can cause fire or electric shocks.
- Dispose of this product in accord with location regulations; do not disassemble.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
As with any bright source, do not stare into the direct beam, RG2 IEC 62471-5:2015.
Notes on the Laser
This product uses a laser as a light source, which has the following characteristics:
- The light source may dim under certain conditions.
- The higher the temperature, the more the source will dim.
- The source will grow dimmer the longer it is used.
- The relation between source brightness and length of use can be adjusted using brightness settings.
- To prevent exposure to harmful laser light, consult an authorized service center should the projector require inspection, adjustment, or repair.
- The projector is equipped with a built-in laser module. Follow the instructions in the product manual when operating the projector or adjusting settings.
- Be sure to remove the lens cap before turning the projector on. The lens cap could be damaged if left in place when the projector is turned on and the laser powers up.
- Regardless of their distance from the projector, children should never be allowed to stare into the beam.
- Before turning the projector on, check to be sure that no one is standing in front of the lens.
- Do not use optical instruments such as telescopes or binoculars while the projector is in operation.
Laser Warning Stickers
Laser warning stickers are affixed to the bottom and side of the product.
Specifications of Laser Source
- Wavelength: 455 nm
- Maximum Output: 74 W
- Wavelength: 455 nm
- Maximum Output: 105 W